Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's a ...


GIRL!!

We had our anatomy ultrasound on March 5th and found out much to our surprise that we're having a baby girl! Everyone (including myself and Jason) thought for sure it was a little boy, so to hear girl was a shock. I of course am still jumping for joy, Jason is struggling on thinking about "baby" and not about a 15 year old. He is nervous for bras, boyfriends, and periods already lol.

Her name is Giselle Brooke Caldwell, which we decided on together and then told everyone. Of course people still find the need to throw in their 2 cents. "How about Maggie?" (umm NO, we're not Homer and Marg) "Are you sure that's the name?" (We just told you that's the name right?, Did I stutter?)etc etc... But for the most part everyone agrees with us that it is beautiful, like she is sure to be.

My biggest fear now is that I will go back for my next ultrasound (3/19) and they will change their mind and tell me it is really a boy! I pray that they were right the first time...because I am so into girl planning that my head might very well fall off if I have to spin it in the other direction.

Giselle is growing amazingly, and all her scans have come back great. I am also starting to feel her in the morning, I call her my tiny dancer because she flutters around alot when I'm waking up. She might just be a morning person like her mommy always was growing up.

As for me and my changes, my ass has grown and my thighs are steadily catching up! - Oh joy. In fact last night I got out of the shower and saw my backside from the mirror and couldn't help but wonder who the large wet naked lady was and how she snuck into my room :/. I told Jason that summer needs to not come at all this year because there is no way I am bringing these bad boys (my thighs) out into the public in shorts! UGH. But everyone tells me that is the price of pregnancy and that it will go away after that little girl comes out. I guess I'll just have to deal in the meantime.

I'll check back with y'all after the 19th to make sure Giselle is still a she :)

P.S.The picture is from her 17 week scan, and it clearly shows I am getting pay back from sucking my thumb for all those years.

2 comments:

  1. One ultrasound for us was all it took to find out McKenna was a girl. Our doctor was so confident it was a girl that we never had another ultrasound after that! They're usually pretty good but I'll keep my fingers crossed that your head doesn't have to fall off. ;) Congrats on baby Giselle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's is so beautiful. sonography programs are very high tech.

    ReplyDelete